Ideas to establish a School of Arts existed by local residents even before the Windsor Shire was created in 1887. In 1910 after the shire became the Town of Windsor, plans were finally drawn up to build a School of Arts. Mr Plastow was awarded the contract and the building was constructed at a cost of 723 pounds. The building was situated opposite Fuller Street.

Opened 16 February 1911 by the Governor of Queensland, Sir William MacGregor, the T shaped building contained a large hall and a stage, a gymnasium underneath. A library and committee rooms occupied the wings. In the early 1920s, a verandah was added to each side.  A separate Library building was constructed in 1933, south of the School of Arts. In 1940 the School of Arts was moved back on the block to accommodate the widening of Lutwyche Rd.  Over the years, the School of Arts had been used for many community needs.  Local clubs including the poultry club, concerts, plays, dances, eisteddfods, Red Cross, RSL, Lodges etc, all were able to use the building. During WW2 it was used as an emergency building.  The School of Arts committee ceased to exist in 1986 and the following year the building and its reserve, amalgamated with the adjoining block of land and then occupied by the Windsor Senior Citizen’s Association.

In 1992 the building was given a makeover, and reopened by Lord Mayor Soorley, 4 December 1992. The Brisbane Excelsior Band then became the occupant.

With tunnelling and works required to build the Truro Bus station in the immediate area, the School of Arts had to be relocated. This occurred in 2008 when the building was divided into sections and re assembled in Clark Park – opposite Maygar Street.   The building was then reopened 21 August 2009 by Queensland Government Minister,   Stirling Hinchliffe.