Windsor War Memorial Park is a heritage-listed park with war memorial at 311 Lutwyche Road, Windsor, City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It was built in 1925 and added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992.

The Windsor War Memorial was erected on behalf of the citizens of the Town of Windsor to commemorate local residents who had served in the First World War. It was unveiled on Anzac Day, 25 April 1925 by Charles Taylor, the Member of the Queensland Legislative Assembly for Windsor.

This dominating cenotaph, designed by honorary architects FR Hall and WA Devereux and constructed by Peter Frew, is rare among Queensland’s WWI monuments because of its octagonal design. Yeronga’s Memorial is closest in style in Brisbane.

External corner panels are inscribed with names of some 120 local war dead. Red and blue concrete borders a leaded marble commemorative plaque on the pavilion’s floor. Moulded laurel wreath ornamentation encircle the ceiling.

The Windsor War Memorial stands on the site of the original school situated between Lutwyche Road and Roblane Street, Windsor-opposite the former Windsor Town Council Chambers.

view more on Wikipedia