The Windsor and District Historical Society Inc. was formed in the bicentennial year 1988 to research and record the history of the old shire/town of Windsor.
Membership in the Society is open to all who have an interest in the history of Windsor and surrounding districts
Annual Membership is from 1 Oct to 30 Sept each year.
$15 per person (or $70 for five years)
$20 per Family (or $90 for five years)
$10 Concession card holders or Junior
$30 for a Business or Association (or $140 for five years)
What we do
- hold quarterly meetings with interesting Guest Speakers
- produce quarterly newsletters featuring interesting stories and photos
- provide a website that is developing into an information resource
- facilitate the annual ANZAC Day ceremony in Windsor Memorial Park each April
- publish various books on the history of the old Windsor Town
- have a photographic display and archive on display every Sunday and Monday between 1pm and 4pm
- other social events
When you join the Windsor and District Historical Society Inc, you gain access to people and resources to help you discover more about your suburb and the people who lived here. The Society holds quarterly meetings and all are welcome to attend. These meetings also include guest speakers who not only provide insights into the history of the original Windsor district and its pioneer families but also to the history of Brisbane and its environs.
By becoming a member of the Society, you can help to support and sustain the activities of the many volunteers who work to document and preserve Windsor’s history. As a member, you can gain a greater understanding of Windsor’s past while connecting yourself to Windsor’s future.
Why not join the Society today?
Download the Membership Form and get started on your historical journey of old Windsor town.